Utovlan is a medication which delays your period. The active substance in Utovlan is the hormone norethisterone. You need to begin treatment three days prior to the first day of your period (as you expect it) in order for Utovlan to work. Your period will return within three days of finishing your course.
To buy Utovlan tablets you need a prescription. You can obtain a prescription and treatment using our convenient online service. Fill in our brief medical questionnaire and indicate your preferred treatment.
To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|Utovlan - 10 days||£17.99|
|Utovlan - 20 days||£26.99|
|Utovlan - 30 days||£40.00|
Prices include prescription and delivery.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Alpha XR Pharmacy.
Fully trusted and UK-regulated
✔ Regulated by the CQC
✔ GPhC-registered pharmacies
Utovlan is also prescribed to treat heavy periods or painful periods, breast cancer and edometriosis. Please note, that Alpha XR Online Doctor only prescribes Utovlan as a period delay pill. The tablets do not prevent pregnancy, so it is important that you use protection while taking them.
How to take UtovlanYou need to take Utovlan three times a day, in the morning, around midday and in the evening. Each dose consists of one 5mg tablet. You should try to take it at the same time every day. If you forget a dose, take the next Utovlan tablet at the correct time without doubling the dose.
Treatment needs to start three days before the day you expect your monthly bleeding to begin. We offer packs of 30, 60 and 90 pills so you can delay your period by 10, 20 or 30 days. You should experience your next period within three days after you have finished your treatment with Utovlan. If you do not experience any bleeding, you should visit a doctor and find out whether you are pregnant.
Do not take Utovlan, if:
- you are allergic to norethisterone, any other ingredient in Utovlan or any other progesterone
- you are pregnant
- you have or have had unexplained vaginal bleeding (other than a normal period)
- you or members of your family have a history of blood clots or thrombosis
- you have or have had liver problems
- you have had a heart attack or angina
- you have ever suffered from jaundice or a rash called pemphigoid gestationis during pregnancy
- you have ever experienced pruritus (an itchy rash all over your body)
- you have the blood disease porphyria
Tell your doctor, if you:
Your doctor needs to know about these medical conditions, as Utovlan may not be suitable for you.
The following side effects can occur:
- bleeding or spotting between periods
- unusual vaginal bleeding
- changes in vaginal discharge
- cervical erosions (may show in a smear test)
- breast pain or tenderness
- discharge from the breast
- headaches, dizziness and confusion
- problems concentrating, euphoria or sleepiness, visual disturbances
- fatigue, difficulty sleeping
- stomach problems such as being sick, feeling sick, constipation or diarrhoea
- dry mouth
- liver problems
- jaundice (yellowing of eyes and skin)
- changes to your metabolism (altered blood levels of sugar and blood)
- worsening of existing diabetes
- side effects affecting your heart and lungs, such as blood clots and palpitations
- side effects showing on your skin, such as increased body hair and acne
- water retention
- swelling of hands and ankles
- changes in appetite
- changes in sex drive
Stop taking Utovlan immediately if you experience:
- itchy skin rash
- facial swelling, may involve the tongue
- swelling of the hands and feet
- feeling faint
- breathing problems
If you experience any of these symptoms, you may be suffering an allergic reaction. Seek medical help immediately.
Utovlan and blood clots
Utovlan can increase your risk of developing a blood clot or thrombosis. Stop taking the tablets and visit your local doctor or Accident and Emergency unit immediately if you experience:
- a sudden pain in your chest
- coughing blood
- shortness of breath
- rapid heart beat
- unusually long or severe headache
- visual disturbances
- difficulty speaking
- fainting or collapse
- weakness or feeling numb
- pain, swelling or tenderness of your calf or foot
- purple discolouration of the skin
Utovlan interacts with:
- some medications used to treat epilepsy
- certain medications used to treat cancer
- antiviral medications used to treat HIV
- some antibiotics, including tetracyclines, rifampicin and co-trimoxazole
- the herbal remedy St. John’s Wort
- Aminoglutethimide (a medication used to treat Cushing’s Syndrome)
- Ciclosporin (a medication used to suppress the immune system)
- certain painkillers and anti inflammatory drugs
- certain high blood pressure medications
No problems with the product and service was fantastic. Quick delivery too.
Excellent service every time
Speedy turnaround and great communication!
Very great product. It did exactly what i wanted it to do. Thank you
Quick and easy process. Well pleased.
Fast service have used Alpha XR doctors before always happy with them Many thanks👍👍👍
Easy to use service! Quick processing by Alpha XR’s Doctors.
Really fast and good products
Absolutely fantastic service!
So quick with the delivery so pleased xx
Very good service and aftercare if needed
Excellent service and quick delivery.
Would highly recommend
Quick, easy service. Very happy fro start to finish.
Quick and easy process once approved and speedy delivery
Very good customer service. Better than the Doctors!
Fast simple service, got the meds I needed on a bank holiday . Will use this service again rather than taking up a GP appointment
My experience of Alpha XR Doctors was excellent. The whole process was effortless, from the completion of the questionnaire to the process of the doctor forming the prescription, and the receiving of the product was very accessible and easy to use. I ordered the period delay medication, which I have yet to use (I have purchased the tablets in anticipation of a holiday). The questions within the questionnaire are simple to answer, you also have access to the doctor via a messaging service, which I didn’t use, but felt it useful if I had any further questions or concerns. The completion of the order was very quick, but I am generally very healthy (fingers crossed) so had no complications. So the order arrived as indicated on the initial email, although I am sure if there were any issues you would be updated via the message service. This message service also does a follow up, ensuring that the product is working for you and there are no issues. Which was a nice touch, although irrelevant for me at present as I have yet to take the medication. I think as a healthy person this service is exactly what I need, I can access the medication I need, efficiently, without the hassle of organising a 30 second doctor’s appointment. I can order online, without the fuss- but still has the appropriate safeguards. Highly recommended!
Easy and quick service .
Very prompt and easy to deal with
Product worked well, would be nice if you could order a lesser amount of tablets as I only needed 6 days worth (including the 3 days before period) and threw the rest away.
Product as described. Fast efficient service.
Really easy to get and really helpful with straight forward instructions on when to take tablets and for how long
Very good product does what it is meant to do and very quick and helpful service from the online doctors. Will be using again! Much more convenient than gp appointments.
Never used the website before, it was easy and helpful. Package came just before my holiday which was great!
Started using it today for my weekend away this weekend. I've always found it reliable and my period always comes 3 days or so after I've taken the last tablet. No side effects. Thank you.
Excellent, efficient and confidential trusted service